2012년 1월 28일 토요일

Anger - Hotel Rwanda

We all have difference. The diversity of the world would be nothing if the people are all the same. There are some people, however, who cannot accept the difference. Hotel Rwanda is a phenomenal example for such cases.

The movie is based on true story which happened on 1994 where approximately one million innocent citizens died because of a genocide during the Rwandan Civil War. During those troubled time, Paul Rusesabagina, managed to save over a thousand refugees using his hotel and social skills.

Hotel Rwanda has brought sadness and anger to numorous audience's heart. Personally, I was angry after watching the film by witnessing the cruelty and loss of genocide. A scene where Paul's car is driving over the dead bodies shocked me because such sight was impossible for me to imagine.

The movie, in my opinion, can also fall into category Fear. When I was watching the movie, I constantly kept thinking the possiblities of recurrence of genocide. Such act is immoral and shameful. I was frightened by thinking re-emergence of a genocide such as Hotel Rwanda and the Hologcaust.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기