2012년 1월 28일 토요일

Anger - Vulture Stalking a Child


Above photo is an iconic photo which represents the harsh environment starving children face in Africa. The photo was taken by photographer Kevin Carter at Ayod, Sudan in March 1993. This photograph was most effective in showing the despair in Africa which eventually won Pulitzer Prize.

This photo, with no explanation needed, falls into category of Anger. According to the photo, audience can find that the child is malnutritioned and is in a lethal state. I was angry to the fact that we as people who constantly claim sharing and showing care to one another, failed drastically.

Also, I was angry because of the photographer's action. If I was a photographer, I would put saving the child as a head priority. Although resulting in creating a iconic masterpiece, I think the photographer made an immoral choice.

The photograph also falls into category Fear. The photo only shows one child in a devastating situation. However, there will be countless amount of kids who are in same or even worse situation. When I watched the photograph, I was scared and sorry for the kids who will not be getting enough help to survive.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기