2012년 1월 27일 금요일

Happiness - What a Wonderful World



Louis Armstrong, one of the most loved jazz singer in history, has done a huge favor to the world. He has truly reminded us how wonderful the world is. Having a father who is obsessed with jazz music, I have heard this song numerous times ever since I was young. With a distinguishing voice and his own style of singing, Louis Armstrong has touched numerous hearts including mine.

With no explanations needed, the song perfectly fits the emotion Happiness. The song lets us imagine the most beautiful sight we can imagine.

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and for you
and I think to myself, WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

I see skies of blue, clouds of white
Bright blessed days, dark sacred nights
and I think to myself, WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
are also on the faces of people going by,
I see friends shaking hands, saying "how do you do"
They're really sayin, "I love you".

I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll never know,
and I think to myself, WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

The lyrics are mixture of hope, joy, beauty, and love. The constant smile on Louis Armstrong's face brings relief and joy to the listeners. It even provides mental comfort to those who hear and read the lyrics. Who would not be happy after imagining such sight?

The song can be related to other category, Love. The chorus of the song is a confession of love to others. It shows care and support for those who feel neglected and lost.

Listening to such sweet lyrics, you cannot help but say,

"WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD"

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기