2012년 1월 27일 금요일

Happiness - O Happy Day



Above video is from a famous movie Sister Act 2 starring Whoopi Goldberg as a nun who forms a student choir. The song is popular mainly for the popularity of the music. To me, the song is popular for different reason. When I first watched this movie as a child, I was masmerized by the voice and the lyrics of the music. Having the phrase, "O Happy Day" 21 times in a short three minute song, it truly lets the audience feel how happy the day is. The bright tone of the music and joyful lyrics, listeners can be happy. The smiles shown in faces of the singers also let the viewers smile as well.

This song may be related to the latter category of fun. When I listen to the music, I have the sudden rush to clap and dance along with the choir. The rapid rhytem and the ear-pleasuring flow of music controls my body to start moving. "Lets party!", a phrase said by Whoopi Goldberg also gives a sense of having fun. The choir did have fun and gave the audience from the movie to enjoy and feel joyful flow with the chorus.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기